Catalyst Theatre Company aims to glorify God by reaching Christians and non-Christians, inspiring and challenging both to grow and change, bringing hope to the lost and hurting.
We do this by presenting the love of Christ through quality theatre.
The Catalyst family strengthens its members by training, fellowship, prayer, and encouragement.
Ministry to the body of Christ and beyond
Using theatre as the medium to …
- …help people understand the depth of God’s love.
- …challenge unbelievers to consider the claims of Christ.
- …encourage believers to understand and act on God’s calling on their lives.
We present theatre to the church body at Cedar Park, other church bodies, para-church organizations, prisons, and juvenile detention centers.
Ministry to its members
Catalyst involves in ministry adults of all ages, ranging from college age through the senior years (and children on occasion), who desire to serve the Lord by presenting His message through theatre. There are three main goals of this ministry to its members:
- Fellowship. It is our desire to establish a sense of community and accountability among our members. By providing a safe place and a sense of belonging, people are free to grow in their relationship with God and outwardly demonstrate God’s love. “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” (Hebrews 10:24)
- Training. It is our desire to present quality theatre so that we can be a “catalyst” in transforming lives. As we improve our skills, we can be more effective in delivering the message of our art.
- Do Theatre. We desire to do quality theatre. We desire to perform messages that impact people’s lives and glorify God. This is at the core of who we are as Christians – worshipers of Jesus Christ.